SOLVED Limited printer options

Reaction score
Computer: Acer ED-77s-579L with Windows 10
Printer: Epson Photo Stylus R265
App: Adobe Photoshop 14
I am a photographer who prints out my own photographs on varying sizes and types of paper, and when I used my old computer with Windows 7 and Adobe Photoshop elements 9, and my R265 printer, I would hit CTRL P, which would take me to to the Photoshop print options page. Here, I would then select "advanced", which would open up my printer's maintenance/options page. From here I could easily select size, paper type, custom print size, fit to page, etc., However, I now have the above listed computer and version of Photoshop and Windows 10, but still use my R265 printer, and find that no matter what I do, even pulling up the control panel, devices and printers, and clicking on my printer, l cannot get my printer to display its maintenance and options page, and the only "advanced options" I can use are: paper quality: plain, glossy or matte ( I use Inkjet satin, but no option for that), and that's it. If I then click on "advanced" from that screen, I get a heading entitled: Epson ESC/P-R V4 class driver Advanced options, but all this offers me is: size: A4, letter postcard 4x6 or 3.5" x 5" (or in mms), and number of copies required. This computer obviously recognizes my printer, because it will print out text on an A4 plain paper sheet with no problem.
Question. Please, what do I need to do to be able to bring up my printer's maintenance/options screen and incorporate my selections into my Photoshop print command page, so that it will work just as it did so very simply with Windows 7 and Photoshop 9? I've had no luck so far checking Epson and Adobe help, so I'm hoping someone can resolve this problem for me. Thank you.

Reaction score
My guess is that you will likely need the correct driver package from Epson
http://esupport.epson-europe.com/Pr...hVG7z5pvmQbF69tazqU6RDu9j2gAzdCnlfEU003D&tc=6
Make sure your version of Windows is selected in the left drop down box.
Thank you for that. Before I try it, though, I need to ask another question: if I get the correct driver as you suggest, will this make it so that my printer will no longer work with my Windows 7 computer? Ideally, I need for it to work with both. Thanks.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
A driver is a software package that supports communication between hardware components and other software products including the OS.
Installing a driver on one computer has nothing to do with any other computer. In many instances hardware drivers are tuned for a particular Operating System.
So the driver that is likely already installed on your Windows 7 computer, would probably not work on your windows 10 computer (although it might in some cases).
IN your particular instance, it looks like that driver dated October 9th 2012, will work on everything from XP up to and including Windows 10

Reaction score
A driver is a software package that supports communication between hardware components and other software products including the OS.
Installing a driver on one computer has nothing to do with any other computer. In many instances hardware drivers are tuned for a particular Operating System.
So the driver that is likely already installed on your Windows 7 computer, would probably not work on your windows 10 computer (although it might in some cases).
IN your particular instance, it looks like that driver dated October 9th 2012, will work on everything from XP up to and including Windows 10
Thank you for your help. I appreciate it. Shall install the driver tomorrow, and let you know how things go. thanks again.

Reaction score
Thank you for your help. I appreciate it. Shall install the driver tomorrow, and let you know how things go. thanks again.
Thank you so much for your help! It is greatly appreciated. I installed the driver as you suggested, and heh presto! My Photoshop 14 now works perfectly with my Windows 10 computer. Many thanks again.

Ask a Question