Live Mail contacts

Reaction score
My Live Mail contacts suddenly increased with 278 Qs (the letter Q 278 times) added. I cannot delete them and they also show up a few in each of my contact groups. How do I get rid of them? As I said the delete does not work on them. I suspect they arrived in an infected email.

HELP

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
OK, well first of all.....
Which email service are you using with Windows Live Mail.
@outlook.com, @hotmail.com, @live.com and @msn.com
OR some other provider
@yahoo.com, @gmail.com, etc., etc.

Reaction score
Using Cox.net which was hit with a fishing problem and all had to reset passwords. But that did not solve this problem with LiveMail or with the contact list.

Reaction score
I have no problem getting to the contact list - it just will not let me delete these unwanted Q letters. The delete is grayed out on those. That means that the many contact groups I have also have those letters in the lists which I can delete from the email address line, but not from the contact lists.

Reaction score
I can get to myconnection.cox.com and sign in but there is no way there to view my contacts.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hmmmm.
Every web based email server I use or have used, have had some type of address book, contact list, or people app that provides a means of sending email to a specific contact while in that interface.

Reaction score
I received a suggestion from Syed Abdul Jabbar. which seemed to work (and I don't see his message here.). It told me to turn off the sign in and that did indeed get rid of the Q letters. However he then told me to turn sign in back on and when I did that the Qs were all back. So it is the web browser account that has the problem.

Reaction score
My Live Mail contacts suddenly increased with 278 Qs (the letter Q 278 times) added. I cannot delete them and they also show up a few in each of my contact groups. How do I get rid of them? As I said the delete does not work on them. I suspect they arrived in an infected email.

HELP
i have the same issue. I did notice echo123 is now in my contacts under "social networks" and it has several Q's. i keep trying to create different "categories" but the Q eventually shows up in them. The echo is a Skype feature but i am not on Skype. it has something to do with Windows 10 i assume. I just hope the Q is not a virus as i have sent a few emails with it in my group mailing. Hope someone has the fix.

Ask a Question