SOLVED Live Mail to Mail

Reaction score
After receiving several warnings from Outlook because I was still using the soon not to work "Live Mail" that migrated with my update from Win 7 to Win 10, I realized that both were running at the same time with duplicate data. That is, receiving and/or sending e mail.
Question is : how can I transfer my contact list (address book) to Mail? I can't seem to find an "import" or "export" on either program.
Thanks in advance, Duneman.

Reaction score
check your 'People.app', click on the three dots . . . top right of left colum, then click on Settings
+ Add an account, add any accounts you want the contacts to be included from

People 01 - three dots . . .  settings.jpg People 02 - Add an Account.jpg People 03 - choose an  account.jpg People 04 - Advanced setup.jpg People 05 - Internet email account.jpg

Reaction score
I guess I'm a little dense on this subject. I found "People" with a list of my contacts, and it shows "Hotmail" that has all my email contacts that are in "Live mail". How do I reference this list and choose a contact in "Mail"? Why would I "add account"?
If you can, please enlighten me.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The people app, auto feeds the mail app.
IF you know the a letter of a contact address, just click the "To" (recipient) line and it should present a list of potential contacts whose first or last name begin with that letter.
Otherwise, you would have to search your contact list just like always, which is now "People" select the contact and click the email address of that contact.
I'm not endorsing it, in fact.... I don't even like Mail or People or for that matter, most of the new Universal Apps. It just is what it is.

Ask a Question