SOLVED Local Disk C:\ has been usurped by New Volume C:\

Reaction score
I suspect this happened a long time ago when my husband's computer upgraded to Windows 10 but he never bothered about it. He now has no Local Disk C but has New Volume C. Is this an issue or are they both actually the same thing?

It has come up because of accessing the Pictures Folder from the Nav pane. It shows up 4 times: under Quick Access,
under This PC, under New Volume: C and under Users. He finds this a bit confusing but all roads lead to Rome I imagine, in this case, the default Pictures Folder in Libraries?

Thanks

Attachments

• disk-management.jpg
    disk-management.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 592
Reaction score
In the File Manager, he/you can right click "New Volume c" and select " rename. -Call it anything meaningful to you.
If the "Quick Access" is in your way, click "View" on the top bar menu of the file manager. Click "Options" on the very far right. - Change folder..etc
Now, under the first, and top option "Open File Explorer to." Click the small down arrow and select, "This PC"

Reaction score
Thank you davehc
Have followed your instructions. Selected This PC but still had Quick Access on display whereupon realized I just needed to hide the Navigation Pane to make things really easy for my husband.
Thanks for your help!

Ask a Question