Lock screen loading icon every minute

Reaction score
Hello! I am running windows 10 on my PC. I recently switched my screensaver to the lock screen by going to the screen saver settings, selecting the "(None)" option and then activating "on resume, display logon screen". After a set amount of time, the lock screen successfully displays, but every minute it shows a loading icon as if it's logging in, then reverts back to the log in screen.

There must be a way to get rid of this annoyance. Some kind of setting, editing the registry. I have searched so many different pages on google but have found no answer. Please and thank you for your help!

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi princecanthony,

As you have set your Screen Saver settings to None there is no need then to check the box next to On resume, display logon screen. Your Screen Saver settings ought to look like sample image below:

scrsavset.png

Now just click OK

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Yes but I would like for the lock screen to be my screensaver.. My problem is that the lockscreen displays successfully, but there is a loading icon every minute inside the lock screen, then it goes back to the lock screen.

Ask a Question