Locked out of PC?

Reaction score
I went to log into my PC yesterday after work but when I entered my password it would say its wrong.. I then held down shift while clicking restart to get troubleshooting options and I chose the Reset this pc option and keep certain files.

When I clicked that it wanted my microsoft account password which I put in and it then said it was wrong... So I went on one of my other computers to change my microsoft password. Once I changed the microsoft password I restarted the pc and tried to do all the above again plus the other troubleshooting options but all the options need my windows password which doesn't work

Bottom line is that I cant access my pc and I cant do anything to it because the PC thinks I have the passwords wrong.

I also checked my bios to see if i can delete all my files and get new windows but I coudn't find anything like that.
Im stuck

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
Welcome to forums Raivis.

This wouldn't be a keyboard layout being set to something or some other language else then it was set to when the password was set, would it?

Reaction score
I dont think my keyboard language would have anything to do with it because my password has only numbers in it... Also my password has worked for the past 2 months.

Reaction score
How do you type your password in, with the numeral pad or with the numbers below the f-keys??
sometimes that makes a difference......

Reaction score
Do you have more than one language pack installed on your system, as pointed out above, if you have more than one language, it will also install a second keyboard, I have German and English languages but a German keyboard and had to remove the UK English keyboard otherwise it would default to that because my default system language is UK English using a German keyboard!. :)

Another option for you to try is at the login screen, click on the "Ease of access" button
eoa button.PNG
and activate the "On-Screen-Keyboard" and check the layout!. :D
ease of access.png

Last edited:

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
I dont think my keyboard language would have anything to do with it

Better be safe than sorry and make no assumptions. Most often the simplest and overlooked reason is to blame for all computer problems.

because my password has only numbers in it

Thats sounds awfully secure.

Also my password has worked for the past 2 months

And now it doesn't, so what's your point? ;)

You need to look at what changed as well, maybe worth reading other similar threads in these boards, some people have posted their solutions to similar problems, worth exploring all, and make no assumptions.

Ask a Question