Reaction score
This effect suddenly started 1 month ago. Cleared and has returned.last week. It is as described in the title. This effect interferes with pics on screensaver and desktop. tried changing background colours and pics to no avail. Using Windows 10 1511. I found this problem in a thread 1 month agobut cannot find it ago.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Peterei,

Welcome to the Forum.

It's been a while since I took a look at that issue.

If I recall correctly you can add a new value to a sub-key inside your Registry to kill off the background image on the logon page by doing the following:
  • Right-click on Start
  • Left-click on Command Prompt (Admin)
  • When the User Account Control alert pops up click Yes
  • Inside the Administrator: Command Prompt window type or copy & paste the following command:

Code:
    reg add "hklm\software\policies\microsoft\windows\system" /v "DisableLogonBackgroundImage" /t reg_dword /d 00000000

Press Enter key to execute the command

Type exit then press Enter key to close the Administrator: Command Prompt window.

The next time you restart computer your logon screen should no longer have that background image but just a flat colour instead. If this does not resolve your issue let us know.

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question