logging in on startup since change of name on pc problem

Reaction score
hi i was wondering i reinstalled my win 10 PC and didn't want to type password all the time on startup so typed in the run command: netplwiz as stated on some websites, this did the job/worked (no problems straight onto desktop).

Now finished most of the installs of my software but i didn't like the name windows gave my computer (system/about rename pc), so changed it to jasonpc. After this windows needed to reboot computer after changing the name,

Now get login screen (see picture 1) then if i click ok it comes up with (see picture 2 ) IE: has 2 options on bottom left hand corner Jason ([email protected] - my default and Jason under that, of which i am assuming windows created it with changing name and the most likely cause of which it is stopping it from just going straight to desktop.

what i am asking is does anyone know how to fix this issue;) as this is my computer it is not a shared computer, if can please advice in easy to understand instructions as anything to do with networking or technical OS security :( .

If can thanks in advance and much appreciated :):):):)

Jason
(e-mail address removed)

In my opinion if this is my personal pc it should have option to disable security on passwords or install of OS or include in update for this option to opt out of any passwords if pc is of personal use.

Attachments

• InvalidPw.JPG
    InvalidPw.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 568
  • JayScreen.JPG
    JayScreen.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 558

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have you attempted to go back an undo your changes in netplwiz by toggling the checkbox on and off a couple times, so you end up with a final setting of "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" OK'ing the changes and rebooting?

Reaction score
Have you attempted to go back an undo your changes in netplwiz by toggling the checkbox on and off a couple times, so you end up with a final setting of "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" OK'ing the changes and rebooting?

Cheers mate seem to work from what you have said :);)

Ask a Question