SOLVED login password not recognised

Reaction score
Can someone please advise. After altering some of my account settings i now find my password is now not recognised. I know the password is correct. Unfortunately i didn't make a password recovery disc. I had no idea that i should have done. As there are no other options on the login screen i am completely locked out. Surely there must be some way of getting back in short of re-installing.

Reaction score
Thanks for reply. The trouble is that i can't get back in at all to try and remember what i did. Don't know how to get past the login screen.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The trouble is that i can't get back in at all
Have you attempted to boot your machine from the installation media and try doing a System Restore to an earlier point in time prior to your changes?
The installation media can be obtain through either of these two resources.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench
OR
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Once you have the ISO, you can use ImgBurn to burn it to a DVD or Rufus to burn it to a USB ThumbDrive, either of which you can use to boot your computer.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
With out the password, there's not much one can do other than a completer factory default reset.

Personally: I find this post a tab bit suspicious as one never forgets their login password! Which in turn sounds like a fishing expedition to access something they shouldn't be.

Reaction score
I can assure you this is no "fishing" expedition. In fact i take exception to the implication. As i said in my previous post I KNOW my password, it is just not recognised
Think what you like, I can't do much about it.

Reaction score
Problem solved (I hope!) I was sure my password was correct so I repeatedly shut down (manually) and rebooted and after about 5 attempts my password worked and i got in. Once in I changed the login option from password to pin, and this seems to have done the trick. Not sure what was going on but it had installed and configured updates just before I tried this Thanks to all for input.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you managed to get it resolved.
Thanks for the follow-up.

Ask a Question