Logon Process Initialization Failure (occasionaly while loging off)

Reaction score
I get the message: "Interactive logon Initialisation process has failed."
This occurs only once in a while, while login off from a user. I get a black screen with a dialogue box with the message and an OK button. I can't click the OK button and need to do a reset because the computer is frozen.

In the event log I get the following message: ID4005: Logon process from Windows has suddenly ended. (translation from Dutch).
Also, a refresh doesn't help. I did a full fresh re-install of windows 10 but the problem remains.
Maybe a certain program I'm running?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Maybe a certain program I'm running?
Maybe, but you said that you already
I did a full fresh re-install of windows 10 but the problem remains.
I would have thought that, there wouldn't be any potential for third party software to be present and cause the problem.

Have you tried adding an additional local admin account to the computer and testing if the problem persists when logged in as that new user?

Reaction score
I actually have 5 user accounts. They are all normal user accounts except for one admin account.
The problem occurs only once in a couple of days. It happened in a few different acccounts already.
After the fresh install, I made a backup of my system. I'm narrowing down all the programs.
Everytime I install something and test it until the problem occurs, the I restore the backup and try another program.
I ruled out almost every program. I'm running a BETA from Eset smart security though. I restored the backup and I'm running my pc without it now. It's my last hope.
I hope I'm making sense here... and sorry for my English that is horrible.

Ask a Question