Lost all mail

Reaction score
I purchased a new computer that has windows 10 installed on it
my old computer also had windows 10 installed and I am not sure which mail I am using
the icon is an all blue background with a white envelope in the center
I believe it is windows live of some sort
my emails were synched up on my old computer after I was 'forced' to upgrade to windows 10
since nothing would run on windows 8 anymore on my computer
now that I have a new computer I have lost all my old saved emails and my archived mails as well
is there an easy way or smarter way to either synch up my new computer or do I have to do some
long drawn out process now that I have started using windows most 'advanced' operating system

Reaction score
You have not mentioned which Mail program you were using, before the migration?
The link in the above post is for Windows Live Mail instructions.
The one you are lookin at is the built in Mail App.

Make sure you are logged in with your normal Email Account.
Click the gear icon in the bottom left of the opening Window, then, over on the right, click "Manage Accounts"
You should see, in the following list, your account. Click on it. Select "Change Mailbox Sync settings", and make sure everything is "synced"

Hopefully, if you reboot and open the Mail app again, you will find your old mail.
I am not certain if it will sync with Windows Live mail, as that program is considered redundant

Ask a Question