Lost Desktop Wallpaper

Reaction score
Today I have suddenly lost my desktop wallpaper screen just all black accept for my few icons down the left hand side of the screen and the taskbar along the bottom. Have checked in my settings, personalization page and their all there but it will not accept any change to the screen and display it. As I am still learning to use the new windows 10, I accept that it could be my own fault while I am exploring the new systems I tried going back over all the things I have experimented with. Has anyone any thoughts to where I went wrong.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Could be just a glitch in your user profile, you might try rebooting a couple times just to see if things return to normal.

Reaction score
Thanks to those who responded, your comments did make me approach my problem from a different angle, still stuck in windows 7 grove. But I have solved my problem with your help, Noob Whisperer. After checking screen saver setting for the umptenth time went to the (Easy of Access) page and under (Other Options) found 'Show Windows Background' had some how been turned off, soon as I turn it on 'Bingo' we are back to normal. Thanks all.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Good work, glad you managed to resolve you problem.
Thanks for posting back and updating your thread with that information.

Ask a Question