Lost Internet Adapter Drivers

Reaction score
After installing 'Anniversary Updates' on my desktop Friday evening successfully I shutdown. Saturday morning switched on and found that I had no internet connection, went through all the recommended checks of checking all connections on my desktop and my hub, rebooted hub, ran windows diagnostic's and tests and it kept coming up with (local connection adapter driver may be at fault). Checked hub was not the problem by connecting to the internet on my laptop, tablets and my mobile phone, all successful. I have additional driver update software PC but it is no good without the connection. Any thoughts please.

Reaction score
Did you check device manager? It maybe that disabling/reenabling the adapter in there will solve the problem.

Reaction score
Took your advise and tried deinstall / reinstall but no luck. Thanks for the suggestion, after trying all obvious routes for a couple of hour the brain gets a bit fuzzy.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Open Device Manager
Expand Network Adapters
Right click the problem adapter and choose properties
Chose the Details tab from the tab bar
Use drop down arrow to change from Device description to Hardware IDs
Select the top line in the Value box and then right click that line and choose copy
Paste the results into your next post.
Should look something like this

PCI\VEN_1969&DEV_E091&SUBSYS_E0001458&REV_10

Reaction score
I have seen this with a few HP desktops. If this is an HP; Easiest is to use a very basic wireless USB wireless adapter, establish a connection and look for updates, usually after a couple updates the correct driver will install on an update. Faster is to go to HP and find the drivers, usually 2, One for the hardware, and one for windows, and you are back up.

Reaction score
You can run any recovery software and then in that software you will find the lost files of your driver when you select your driver file of your hard disk.

Ask a Question