Lost Pic

Reaction score
W 10 Anniversary Update - apart from the "same old, same old" slow to restart, 10 runs okay. One item, the desktop background, Mirror Lake has disappeared. In the pics folder there's no sign of it. Search , nothing. I've used an other but would like to know where the mirror pic got to if possible, cheers all

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Not sure, what you are calling "Mirror Lake", but.....
Have a look at C:\Windows\Web
See if the image you want is there

Reaction score
It's still available for download. However, it says that its only supported by Windows XP, 7, and 8.1 :rolleyes:

Reaction score
"Mirror Lake" is a photograph, was the desktop background - C:\Windows\Web has 8 pics of windows, all blue. No go there - thanks anyway

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
"Mirror Lake" is a photograph, was the desktop background - C:\Windows\Web has 8 pics of windows, all blue. No go there - thanks anyway
Sorry, that didn't help.
My C:\Windows\Web folder contains three sub folders
\4K \Screen and \Wallpaper
I thought that perhaps \Screen containing this picture might have been the one you were talking about

img103.jpg

Reaction score
That pic is similar, mine taken in the South Island/NZ - 4K \Screen and \Wallpaper are there too. Thanks for the reply, looks like my pic got dumped by W10 during the update. Only minor but annoying, could happen again!!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Maybe give it some time, if you are fresh from the upgrade it can take a while to sort everything properly.
Otherwise, have a look at C:\Windows.OLD folder under \Users\YourUserName
See if there is a pictures folder
Depending on where you had it stored originally. Could be desktop or downloads, etc.

Reaction score
Try downloading it. It's still available, just because MS 10 doesn't support it doesn't mean you can't download and save it.

Reaction score
quote:- have a look at C:\Windows.OLD folder under \Users\YourUserName
folders like desktop/downloads etc are mostly empty - there is a picture folder - "My pictures not accessible, access is denied" - also - "this app can't be activated by the built in administrator" tried safe mode but "same old, same old." I think I'll accept defeat, not worth the time and effort. Thanks "Trouble" I really appreciate your comments, no doubt I'll be back to you guys sometime soon, cheers from down-under

Ask a Question