lost WiFi after failed 10 to 7 conversion

Reaction score
First post!
-not too computer literate

Main issue-
Firefox (after a basic search) reads: Server Not Found

details:
tried to convert from 10 to 7- (probably did a re-fresh) lost my programs, but retained my files. Now I have 10, but a lot changed. Mainly- no internet.
I can still connect to the Internet using my android and IMAC though, but my pc can't find the server (apparently).
I'm using a NETGEAR WNA1100 N150 Wireless USB Adapter. My pc recognizes it (it shows up in "connected devices") and my pc says "Network is available".
I tried plugging my wireless USB adapter in several times- the blue light on the adapter goes on for a while, then goes off.
My wireless USB adapter for my keyboard and mouse is working fine, though.

What should I do?
Right now, I want to connect to the internet. If I can fix that- THEN- I might try to get 7 back again.
Thanks

Reaction score
So waht does a right click on the wifi icon at bottom right of the screen show and then click on the Open Network and sharing center. Does it show your network name?
If it does then click on that and do you see a dialog showing your connection?

When you LEFT click in the wifi icon and it shows ( we hope) the various Wifi networks near you including yours and then you click connect there does it connect.? Or ask for a password?

ipconfig /all in a cmd prompt is useful in these cases.

Reaction score
So waht does a right click on the wifi icon at bottom right of the screen show and then click on the Open Network and sharing center. Does it show your network name?
If it does then click on that and do you see a dialog showing your connection?
lft click shows Wi-Fi Turned Off, then has Network Connections then 2 tiles: Wi-Fi and Airplane Mode. clicking on Network Settings just brings me to. . . the Settings window which I couldn't do anything with.

When you LEFT click in the wifi icon and it shows ( we hope) the various Wifi networks near you including yours and then you click connect there does it connect.? Or ask for a password?

ipconfig /all in a cmd prompt is useful in these cases.

Reaction score
Lft clk shows- Wi-Fi turned off.
Then Network Settings (which just goes to settings).
thn the 2 tiles- Wi-Fi and Airplane mode.

Reaction score
Lest start again. Go to Network and sharing center. Over on the left click on Change adapter settings. Do you see a Wifi adapter there? If so right click. Does it show enabled? If it shows disabled try clicking on that to enable and let us know what happens.

If not goto Device manager and look down the list for a network adapter. Which may well have a mark on it in yellow to show that it exists but is not working. Right click and look at properties. Tell us what you see.

Reaction score
your frst sggstion ddn't wrk
but-
went to Devive Manager
dbl clickd Network adapters
rt clicked on NETGEAR-
wnt to properties:
"This device is working properly"

Lest start again. Go to Network and sharing center. Over on the left click on Change adapter settings. Do you see a Wifi adapter there? If so right click. Does it show enabled? If it shows disabled try clicking on that to enable and let us know what happens.

If not goto Device manager and look down the list for a network adapter. Which may well have a mark on it in yellow to show that it exists but is not working. Right click and look at properties. Tell us what you see.

Reaction score
Don't forget in my original post- I lost my programs when I did the WIN10 refresh.

Reaction score
also, in properties it says the drivers are up to date

Reaction score
FYI
I found my NETGEAR CD to install the wizard, but my DVD drive is broken and won't open up-
perhaps I'm finnished?!

Ask a Question