SOLVED Lot of issues trying to install apps. on Windows 10 Home

Reaction score
A friend of mine has just bought a laptop that has Windows 10 Home Single Language edition pre-installed.

The thing is that whenever he tries to install an application such as Adobe Reader, or Firefox, or Zoom, etc., the installation process simple fails. He downloads the installer, executes it and the installation process simple fails stating that the installation process has failed. No further error messages, no details explaining the failure reason, nothing. This happens when he executes the online installer. But if he downloads the full installer, the installation succeds.

Another problem he has is when he tries to browse many, many web pages. He gets the "Your Connection Is Not Private" error message whether using Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer or Chrome. Some pages let him keep going by accepting a certificate, some don't.

This seems to be happening on Windows 10 Home edition only. I've tried the same things in a Windows 10 Pro and I had no problems at all.

Any ideas as to why this could be happening?

Windows date is accurate. I've found in the internet that the problem could be due to the system date not being accurate.

Thanks in advance!

Regards.

Reaction score
Thank you so much bassfisher6522. After installing ccleaner and removing junk files from the system and clearing the browser cache, the problem still persists.

This behaviour seems to be related to Windows 10 Home only.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, it seems I now know what the problem was. Windows 10 Home Single Language does not let you install or browse, or whatever if what you're installing is in a different language but the one Windows 10 is, etc. Windows 10 Home lets you install, browse, etc. without any problem.

Ask a Question