LOTR BFME error

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi and Welcome to the Forum Cernas.

The error code you are getting is basically telling you the Game during runtime does not have permissions to write to a specific address.

I'm not a gamer per se, nevertheless a quick search on the LOTR Forums gives this solution which worked for several people, so it would be worth trying yourself.
  • Open File Explorer
  • In the Address bar type or copy & paste the following:
Code:
%appdata%

Press Enter key

You'll now be at C:\Users\your Username\AppData\Roaming

You should be able to see a directory for your game, for example: My Battle for Middle-earth(tm) Files

Open this directory, and then check whether you can see a file named: options.ini

If it is not present, then the Access Violation prevented the game writing this to your computer. To overcome that, right-click inside the My Battle for Middle-earth(tm) Files window and select New > Text Document

In the text document, enter the following:

Code:
AllHealthBars = yes
AlternateMouseSetup = no
AmbientVolume = 50
AudioLOD = High
Brightness = 50
FixedStaticGameLOD = UltraHigh
FlashTutorial = 0
HasSeenLogoMovies = yes
HeatEffects = yes
IdealStaticGameLOD = Low
IsThreadedLoad = yes
MovieVolume = 70
MusicVolume = 70
Resolution = 1680 1050
SFXVolume = 70
ScrollFactor = 50
StaticGameLOD = UltraHigh
TimesInGame = 54
UnitDecals = yes
UseEAX3 = no
VoiceVolume = 70

Now click File > Save as and for the name call it, options.ini and in the other drop field just below the name field, click the drop arrow and select All files, then click OK

Report back on how you get on trying this. There may be other ini files the game writes you need to add or grant permissions to.

LOTR Forum Source: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/6654/t1712581-bfme-crashes/
Credit to User: Jabba53

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi and Welcome to the Forum Cernas.

The error code you are getting is basically telling you the Game during runtime does not have permissions to write to a specific address.

I'm not a gamer per se, nevertheless a quick search on the LOTR Forums gives this solution which worked for several people, so it would be worth trying yourself.
  • Open File Explorer
  • In the Address bar type or copy & paste the following:
Code:
%appdata%

Press Enter key

You'll now be at C:\Users\your Username\AppData\Roaming

You should be able to see a directory for your game, for example: My Battle for Middle-earth(tm) Files

Open this directory, and then check whether you can see a file named: options.ini

If it is not present, then the Access Violation prevented the game writing this to your computer. To overcome that, right-click inside the My Battle for Middle-earth(tm) Files window and select New > Text Document

In the text document, enter the following:

Code:
AllHealthBars = yes
AlternateMouseSetup = no
AmbientVolume = 50
AudioLOD = High
Brightness = 50
FixedStaticGameLOD = UltraHigh
FlashTutorial = 0
HasSeenLogoMovies = yes
HeatEffects = yes
IdealStaticGameLOD = Low
IsThreadedLoad = yes
MovieVolume = 70
MusicVolume = 70
Resolution = 1680 1050
SFXVolume = 70
ScrollFactor = 50
StaticGameLOD = UltraHigh
TimesInGame = 54
UnitDecals = yes
UseEAX3 = no
VoiceVolume = 70

Now click File > Save as and for the name call it, options.ini and in the other drop field just below the name field, click the drop arrow and select All files, then click OK

Report back on how you get on trying this. There may be other ini files the game writes you need to add or grant permissions to.

LOTR Forum Source: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/6654/t1712581-bfme-crashes/
Credit to User: Jabba53

Regards,

Regedit32

Amazing! Thank you!!

Ask a Question