Mail app and Notification in Windows 10.

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
Love the new Mail app and Notification in Windows 10.
At last can have all my mail under one roof without using a third party app like I was doing and sometimes freezing.
Got it working lovely with Outlook. gmail & yahoo, also facebook & twitter.
So just a big thank you to all you beta testers for getting it right.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Love the new Mail app
I think you may be the first one that I've heard to express their feelings toward the Mail App, in that way.
Fine for my phone, but on my desktop I want something a little bit more robust. Been using Outlook as a mail client for years and I don't see anything in the new Mail App that is likely to change that.

hTconeM9user

Reaction score
I think you may be the first one that I've heard to express their feelings toward the Mail App, in that way.
Fine for my phone, but on my desktop I want something a little bit more robust. Been using Outlook as a mail client for years and I don't see anything in the new Mail App that is likely to change that.
In my case I could not use the old outlook, with IE11 as it kept crashing

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hmmmm.
Going by your signature, I would have expected you to be all about Office 2016

Reaction score
You mention notification in mail. How do I get that working, I only find out I have a new email by actually looking.

hTconeM9user

Reaction score
You mention notification in mail. How do I get that working, I only find out I have a new email by actually looking.
Go to Settings, System, then scroll down to Notification and Action and make sure that the slider shows on.

Reaction score
I also get notification of new email in my Chrome browser tab.

notification.PNG

Attachments

• notification.PNG
    notification.PNG
    98.1 KB · Views: 484

Ask a Question