Mail app has stopped opening any emails and there is no erroe message

Reaction score
I only use Windows for the emails, not all the apps that are available, suddenly yesterday the Mail App loads, the screen goes blue, any emails from previous days are displayed, but it will not open any new messages.
It does not display any error messages, it just sits there doing nothing at all.
I have tried resetting my 3 email accounts, one account which has never opened I managed to get into it and found it had 599 emails, dating over 2 years, so I read a few then deleted the whole file, this still doesn't open.
And my 2 other important email accounts will not open, so what has happened.
I do not use Office 360, as I am retired, a pensioner and have no need for all the facilities offered within the Office package, could this be the problem, is Microsoft trying to get me to spend my pension on buying the Office package?.

Can anyone help me?
Don

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Don,

Welcome to the Forum.

If you open your Mail app, then in left pane click Accounts, and in right pane select one of your email accounts, and then click Options for syncing your contents what settings are currently there?

I've set mine as Download new mail as items arrive, and Download email from any time

In that window you'll also see a further link to click on: Incoming and Outgoing mail server info. You should verify those settings are correct too.

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question