Mail App

Reaction score
I use the Windows 10 mail app for my emails. It works fine until I try to click on a link. At this point, I get the message pop of on "Unable to open [link adress]". I have looked at other people who have had this problem and the solution was that their Windows Firewall was deactivated, mine is not. It seems that not many people have had this problem and if they did it was resolved by activating their Windows Firewall, as I stated before; since this is not the root of my problem, if you have any other solutions I'd be happy to try them out.

Reaction score
I figured out what it was. I did not have a default browser set up, therefore, the Mail App couldn't open the links. For anyone that is having this same problem, you can go to your settings, then click systems, and search for choose default web browser, and select yours of choice.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Good find.
Thanks for coming back and reporting your solution.
Much appreciated.

Reaction score
I am curious. For the help for other readers, could you give a more detailed run through of your actions?
I don't think there is a "choose your default browser" in settings .- System. It would be under "Apps"

Had you , by some means, uninstalled both Edge and IE? Otherwise, on startup, windows 10 would have accepted, as priority, Edge, or, failing that, IE. I could be mistaken, but I don't think it possible that it could ignore both.

Ask a Question