Aaccount is currently not enabled for sign-in from apps that do not meet modern security standards

Reaction score
I am really not very technical and have been given a new pc with windows10 on. When I try and add my yahoo mail account on to the mail application I get an email saying the following:
upload_2017-10-22_15-16-39.png
sign in to you account.
Any ideas what I need to do to upgrade the mail app in windows 10?
Thanks

Reaction score
You could get the latest version of Microsoft Outlook, part of Microsoft Office, either as a 2016 stand-alone version or subscription based Office 365 version, depends upon your budget. I'd think the message is from Yahoo and there may be settings on their site that need changing, have to deal with them on that. Of the various free Webmail offerings Yahoo seems to be having the most issues for users.

Reaction score
Or you could use Mozilla Thunderbird which I myself prefer and its free. Bighorn is right, the problem is not on your end, it is on Yahoo's end. They are not up-to-date yet and quite frankly, I would not touch Yahoo with a long stick....
Yahoo has had its life and it is dying. time to move on.......

Reaction score
You need a mail client that supports OAuth2 in Imap or POP depending on which protocol you are using.

Outlook 2016 and Thunderbird both do.

My ISP has its email supported through YAHOO and we had to generate 'app' passwords to go along with our email ids.

Ask a Question