Mail or Outlook? ... Add Account Problem, Office 2016

Reaction score
Hi,

Until just recently I used Office 2013 and had no problems using Outlook from the Start menu to access email hosted by my local ISP. After switching to Office 2016 Home and Student, at Start...there was no link to Outlook, but there was a link to Mail so I tried that. The first thing I was asked to do was to add an account...I tried that with the result that "Something went Wrong", accompanied by an indication of Error Code 0x80040154, but no other information or help. Any suggestions of what to do?

After encountering that stonewall, I discovered <outlook.live.com> and every attempt to get my email account accessed by Outlook results in a dead end. So, any suggestions on what to do with this?

Thanks for any help!

RC in VT

Reaction score
It used to be that Office Home and Student did not contain Outlook (the real Outlook in the Office suite)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
access email hosted by my local ISP
Contact your ISP and see if they can suggest possible settings for the new Windows 10 "Mail" app, that you can use to send and receive email from their servers.
Failing that you may be left with their email portal that you can use to access your ISP's email through your browser.

Ask a Question