mail

Reaction score
The simple way is to use an email provider that does a good job of removing spam before it gets to you. This may sound like a silly statement but , in my case for instance, my ISP does a useless job and I get several spam/phishing messages per day and Gmail does a good job. Maybe one of the domain hosting services out there odffers as really good email filtersing system...Research time for you!

If you are using a mail client on your PC then there are some clients better than others for filtering and some add-in systems. Most email clients allow you to make rules for filtering.

The difficult way that really works is to install your own Email system (Message Transfer Agent). Usually running on a spare machine, running Linux and then install Spamassassin or a similar purpose made filtering agent. This is a lot of work and a bit over the top for a home user I think.
Arstechnica.com had a series on how to do it.
http://arstechnica.com/information-...wn-e-mail-server-with-your-own-domain-part-1/

There may well be other ways. I just use Gmail and put up with the few that get through.

Reaction score
Gmail as well as outlook.com have a good spam filter. Another way is a good email client. I myself am using Thunderbird. Everything I mark as junk (if something comes through) goes straight to the junk folder when checking email...

Reaction score
I use Thunderbird myself. It is not that good at spotting spam similar to another spam if you see what I mean, Gmail is good at that.

Ask a Question