Major Windows Ten frustration

Reaction score
Hi. I've posted on here before about an issue that whenever i create a new user profile, it removes all the users from the menue screen so i can't access them anymore. Thankfully, i managed to resolve it.

Unfortunately the new issues at hand are too much for me. I've had constant issues with windows ten since day one. Right now, i can't open my start menu, i can't open most of the options and settings for windows ten, i can't create new users without hiding my old ones as mentioned before, once again, and it refuses to update windows. All of the files on one of the profiles are completetly removed from the profile, and the only way to access them is by going into the drive, into users, and into that profiles files whitch seems to show them all there.

At this point functionality is at the bare minimum. Does anyone know a fix for these issues? I'd really appreciate the help.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Have you gotten the cumulative update released today? If you type winver in a Run box, what version of Win 10 are you running?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
We'd need more input from the OP as to whether or not he is experiencing failed updates.
10240 would mean a whole bunch of failed updates.

Reaction score
We'd need more input from the OP as to whether or not he is experiencing failed updates.
10240 would mean a whole bunch of failed updates.

I had issues getting any updates to download. It would always fail about 30% in and it would always tell me it needs updating. Some months ago, it stopped informing me of the update and when i try to force no updates it would tell me that i'm basically up to date. I tried updating through command prompt and still nothing.

I think i need to backup my data and start windows ten again from a clean slate.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I would definitely back everything up, as I suggested above..... to include a disk image of the current install.
But, I would probably still see if the link I provided above might actually provide an upgrade to the latest version of Windows 10 before I did a clean install.
Although I do personally prefer a custom clean install.
In either case you are going to want the latest version of the installation media.

Ask a Question