SOLVED Malwarebyte-ing

Bif

Reaction score
I just booted my HP up for the first time in a few weeks, thought I'd run a Malwarebytes scan (free version)..when checking for definition updates it installed a new version which appears to be a free trial full version with realtime protection enabled.Much to my surprise Defender wasn't disabled by it..in a sense running 2 antivirus programs which I'd like to avoid.
My questions are, can I simply turn off the realtime protection on Malwarebytes and just use it as a on demand scanner?
Is this normal for Defender to play nice with other antivirus all of a sudden ?
Does this free trial version revert to the good old free on demand version when it's up?

Much thanks

Reaction score
Bif The paid version of mambam is well worth it for peace of mind. Yes it has real time protection + ransomware + web+ exploit protection. Way back when I switched to the premium version I got a license for up to 3 PCs. I don't think they still offer that.
In answer to your question Yes! it will revert to the free version after 30 days. And Yes! MS woke up to smell the coffee, Defender is now compatible with mambam and has been since the Fall update. Defender and mambam run well together. Malwarebytes claim that there is no need for users to use another 3 rd party AV. Just to be safe and for redundancy I turned on Defender back in the Fall.

Bif

Reaction score
@Norton, very interesting that MS is finally playing nice with Malwarebytes..a long time in the coming!
It will be nice to have all the features to try and quite possibly buy after the 30 days, And nothing at all wrong with redundancy in this case, especially if they work well together....I'm in!
I really must not let three weeks laps between booting the old HP...I feel SO out of the loop!:rolleyes:
Cheers for the info!

Reaction score
Biff Peace of mind. It's the best software investment you can make.
I have the premium version on three PC's; I also bought the premium licensed version for the Grankids PCs. Nothing has ever got under its radar defense.

BTW, they have an excellent technical support team. If you have any questions or problems, a tech is assigned to your ticket and they work with you 1 on 1 until your issues have been either answered or resolved.

Ask a Question