SOLVED Malwarebytes seems no longer free?

Reaction score
Just installed the latest update to malwarebytes (at their invitation). I find I am now in their "premium trial", for a limited time.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
From what I recall Dave, it will automatically revert to the free version (limited functions) once the trial period is over!. ;)

Reaction score
By the way. There is also a minor update for Macrium. Might be of interest to you, as it is something about a problem with the getman language?

Reaction score
Unless they've changed it, you click on the settings cog, select the account tab, and cancel the free trial, which reverts it back to the free version.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Thanks. Just a matter of rewording. If , as you suggest, you click on the accounts tab, you have two options. Activate or deactivate.
As I had never activated, it didnt occur to me that there was a need to DEactivate. In fact, that is what you do and then it reverts back to the free edition.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I just tried malwarebytes in the trial version and I am very disappointed. Not only it did not remove a PUP, it also considered my Poweriso (which I have purchased) as a malware which it definitely is not. this needs work to be done unless it only works if one pays for it...

Ask a Question