SOLVED Media creation tool does not appear to be working

Ann

Reaction score
Have had the reserve icon from the start ... computer checks out (Windows 8.1.1 32 bit) ok and kept updated.
The icon disappeared a couple of days ago and though a copy reserved, tried upgrading via the media creation tool from various links in this forum ... chose to run and gave permission for it to do so. It comes up to the window to click *upgrade this PC now* then says *Something happened* ... click close.
Any ideas would be welcome ... thanks
Ann
PS I should add this is happening on 3 different unlinked computers, one of which a transformer tablet/computer

Reaction score
Do NOT use the "upgrade this PC now* option.
Instead, select the other option...."Create installation media for another PC".
Follow the prompts to create the ISO.
After you have created the ISO, right click at it > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
Installation should start. It will allow you to keep your files, settings and apps.
This method will NOT ask for product key.

I used this method to install my Windows 10 on July 29th.

Here is a tutorial about the Windows 10 ISO download.
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9230-windows-10-iso-download.html

Ann

Reaction score
Do NOT use the "upgrade this PC now* option.
Instead, select the other option...."Create installation media for another PC".
Follow the prompts to create the ISO.
After you have created the ISO, right click at it > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
Installation should start. It will allow you to keep your files, settings and apps.
This method will NOT ask for product key.

I used this method to install my Windows 10 on July 29th.

Here is a tutorial about the Windows 10 ISO download.
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9230-windows-10-iso-download.html

Many thanks ... have followed this and managed to get the ISO but when right clicking there is no option to mount ... am not very computer literate this way so can you please tell me how I go about mounting it ....

Thanks ...

Ann

Ann

Reaction score
Many thanks ... have followed this and managed to get the ISO but when right clicking there is no option to mount ... am not very computer literate this way so can you please tell me how I go about mounting it ....

Thanks ...

Ann
No worries ... got it by opening with File/Windows Explorer and it put mount in the right click context menu ..
Many thanks for all your help
Ann :)

Ask a Question