Media Player not recognizing dvds or music

Reaction score
tried to play dvds showing red screen insert dvd will not change also will not play music

Reaction score
Hello There:

What kind of Model PC do you have? The reason I asked is because with Windows 10 I downloaded it on my old but purposely rebuilt new Dell 1737 Studio Laptop and I had the same problem my disc's wouldn't work at all so, I had to go to the Dell site and pull up download's and driver's and with a Dell you have to have the Serial Number on the bottom of the Laptop, to put in to register online so you can receive the right driver's for the PC, according to make and model, and when you get the driver's for it try to download or copy paste the Driver's to your Flash Drive or External Drive .

And on some Dell Driver's you can't copy and paste you have to change the pathway from your download's file, to your Flash Drive when you pull up the file from the Dell site, and when you download it it will automatically upload it to your flash drive, and when your done and you have to download your other software files just make sure you redirect your download's to your download's file in your Win 10 file explorer". On some PC's you have to get driver's online as far as DVD Optical Drive's and if it isn't a Dell, then go to C-Net.com and go to drivers and download's in your search engine and you will be able to obtain for free Driver Booster and Slim Driver's software download that is Window's 10 friendly and download it into your PC'

And it will run a scan and find all of the driver's you need automatically, and it will tell you what driver's you need for the Win 10 upgrade, and help you keep them updated, through the use of your PC experience". "With my Dell I have a Blue Ray and the only way it would work is with the Dell files, from Dell". Because Dell made a contractual deal back in 2009 for Roxio software company to create and install Blue Ray DVD Software in 2009 Dell PC's that run Blue Ray drives, and it was designed to run that particular drive, and without the right driver's it will not work it is a Roxio nightmare, but it does work now" It took me 3 day's to find out why I couldn't get it to work, because I bought it used and it came with no instruction's at all, and that's why", so I hope the Information that I passed to you help's.

And also if you are running a optical drive and it didn't come with a disc when you got the drive, or even if it is a older PC, my method d of suggestion usually work's," I've had this problem wit several older PC's that I have reformatted with no driver disc's or software files, usually the manufacturer if the PC isn't too old they will redirect you to their drivers and download website, but if it is too old then you will have to use a third party driver software site, a lot of manufacturers over a certain time period when developing new tech will sell the driver tech to a third party company to not have to pay for a IT Tech to walk you through installing software and driver's.

Or in some cases if your under warranty, and you aren't tech savvy they will ask permission online while they have you on the phone, and ask permission to take over your PC to install the software for you to fix your problem. So in any case the website and software I suggested is Microsoft Certified so you should be able to resolve your problem"
I wish you the Best lil lady"

Ask a Question