MediaCreationTool Downloads Different Versions each Time

Reaction score
Does anyone have any insight about The Media Creation Tool.
I have Noticed that it Downloads any version that M/S seems to want to give you.
It appears that there might be different versions of this App.
Example, I d/l a copy of windows 10 x64 Last Week and got 1703 15063.608.
Yesterday I d/l and got One That was Months Old.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Was the media creation tool downloaded from the same site official download site?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I would be very surprised to see that the media creation tool provided an ISO that had the very latest (15063.608) rolled up into it
AND
Not surprised to find that whichever ISO was available would likely be brought up to date with the application of a single Cumulative Update (since they are "cumulative").

I will admit to not knowing their schema for updating the latest version available via the Media Creation Tool, but would not expect it to be retrofitted with an older version once it had been updated to something more current.
Although Microsoft is no stranger to putting something up (making it available) and then yanking it back with no explanation offered.

Reaction score
the current media creation tool version 10.0.15063.0 downloads the original Version of Windows in the build 15063.0 . Add the cumulative update and the servicing stack update and the flash player update to it and with a few files to download one is up to par with Windows 10 again. That's what I like so much about these Cumulative updates. One is not forced to download 250+ updates after a fresh install (like in Windows 7 although win8 has quite a few itself).
Microsoft used to release different builds of the MCT, the Build 14393 had two, the build 10586 had four different MCT. Since one has to get the whole CU anyway, it apparently does not make any sense anymore to create different versions of the MCT. I am anxiously awaiting the newest MCT for the "Fall upgrade"...

[edit]

I downloaded the MCT from here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think I may have d/l it not directly from m/s but somewhere else.
So maybe there are some different versions out there.
In the future I will look for Genuine Links to m/s for it.
By the way that vers ( 1703 15063.608 ) I just remembered that was the one that I had Slip-streamed.
But the point was that evidently these non direct links are the ones that are supplying the older versions

Reaction score
If you downloaded it somewhere else, I would be careful. You never know what else you get...

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
They are supplying a lot more than Windows 10. There are many scammers jumping on the bandwagon and using Win 10 as the vehicle.

Ask a Question