SOLVED Memory Problem (Extremely Slow)

Reaction score
Hey guys. I recently bought my PC, and it's brand new. However, the computer starts being really slow after 4 hours of normal use (not even gaming), and when I checked the memory, it's at 98% usage. I don't know what is wrong with it. Here's my pc specs and a few pictures in about 1 hour interval on my memory.

A4WOhqc.jpg

Here is a picture at 9AM
Z4lmgMb.png

And here is one at 10AM of the same day
Z3nRZMJ.png

I suspect my ram might not be plugged in correctly, but I am unsure. The reason I suspect this is because even though my memory is at 80% used, i added up all the actual usage and it only account up to 3GB, whereas I have 8GB. I am also not sure how to handle the RAM if it is indeed not plugged in correctly. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It's plugged in correctly.
If it wasn't you wouldn't see it indicated as such in the images you posted above.
Right click the Start Button and choose run and in the run dialog box type
services.msc
hit enter or click OK.
Scroll down to "SuperFetch"......
Is it running?
If so double click it, click the stop button and set the startup type to disabled.
Reboot your computer and check your memory indication again.
Chances are that superfetch is loading (caching) a bunch of stuff in memory to insure it loads (is found) promptly.
That's how it's suppose to work on old spinner hard disks. You can leave it off or turn it back to automatic. SSDs don't use it and it should be disabled.

Reaction score
I did that earlier and it didn't work very well. However, on a different forum, somebody suggested there might have been an update memory leak on my windows 10. I revert back to windows 8.1 and for the last 2-3hours my memory has been hovering around 25-35% depending on what I have on.

Seems like it is solved since 25-35% is pretty normal (I have to stick to windows 8.1 though). Thanks for your time anyway!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I guess normal is relative. ON my Windows 10 machine, with an SSD and 16 gigs of RAM, I typically hover around 15% give or take.

Capture.JPG

Reaction score
My Windows 10 machine with 8GB (1GB paged) bounces between 15% and 25% usage without anything open. I've been watching it closely the last month trying to understand why it rises. But then on several occasions; I've noticed it drastically drop back down, so it doesn't bother me as much now to see it rise. The high usage you noticed could have been a temporary situation with background services working to level out.

Ask a Question