Message From Microsoft

Reaction score
If there is anyone out there who will help me, please please PLEASE do. Microsoft is about to make me crack up. I have Windows 10 on a PC. I received the following message directly on my pc (not on any email account): Some of your accounts require attention - Fix now etc etc.

So I clicked on it and first thing I get is sign in. So, I try to sign in to Microsoft Windows because I'm not sure where to sign in - (I do not keep my computer locked nor my Microsoft or Windows because I am the only one who ever uses it.) I go through the list of every sign in I have ever had with Microsoft / Windows / Office / Community / Word / Tech Center / Outlook. NOTHING WORKS! and now, cannot get into anything at all - except this forum.

Can anyone help? Is there a person that I could correspond with? I tried phone - forget that!. Tried Chat - I must "sign in" to use Chat so that also is a no-go.

Also, not sure if I'm in the correct place or if anyone will see this -- nor if I will see any responses.

Thanks to anyone.

Reaction score
Hi Athena. Usually when you get that your accounts require attention - Fix now type of message, just click on the message and it should take you to settings (I think in Update and Security, but not certain just where) and should be an obvious sign in box which is only there when you need to sign in (with a Microsoft Account). I think that if you re-start the computer and log in with a Microsoft account User Name and a Password not a pin, it would accomplish the same thing.

Reaction score
Also. Look in the settings - Accounts. Perhaps it is asking you to verify the account by you predetermined procedure (Email or phone)

Reaction score
Hi Athena. Usually when you get that your accounts require attention - Fix now type of message, just click on the message and it should take you to settings (I think in Update and Security, but not certain just where) and should be an obvious sign in box which is only there when you need to sign in (with a Microsoft Account). I think that if you re-start the computer and log in with a Microsoft account User Name and a Password not a pin, it would accomplish the same thing.

I did click on the message and it first wanted me to sign in. Thats where I tried over and over with every account I've ever had with Microsoft to sign in - - - nothing worked. I couldn't even get to Chat in any place to find out what the message was all about. What is a "pin" ?

Reaction score
A pin is a sign in option for a Microsoft sign in. It's usually 4 or 5 numbers and or letters that is used in lieu of a Microsoft Password. It only works on the system it was created on, where your Microsoft Password is used everywhere in the world of Microsoft. Doesn't seem to be an easy way to recover a forgotten user name, but see if this link helps: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13811/microsoft-account-doesnt-exist

Reaction score
Athena - Did you setup your system with just a local account, or with a Microsoft account? Settings>Accounts>Your info (something@emailaddress) = Microsoft, anything else is a local account. Possibly you've never associated a Microsoft account with this system?

Ask a Question