SOLVED Microsoft account - missing Windows account password?

Reaction score
My friend have perched a copy of MS Office, but he can not download it because Microsoft account is asking for the password to the old windows account.
The windows account was made 10-12 years ago and the password is forgotten.

How can this be solved?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
How (by what means did your "friend purchase" his copy of Microsoft Office?
If he used a specific Email address and a password during the purchase, then I suspect that is what is going to be required to download and or install his purchase.
Surely he has some type of documentation (a receipt), for said purchase, perhaps it was even emailed to him or her.
That would be the place I would start in order to resolve the issue...... contact the vendor / place of purchase.

Reaction score
Hello Trouble. Thank for your answer.

My friend purchased the copy of MS Office from af vendor and it var settled by telephone and send by postmail.
So there has not been used an email address.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
And did it come with a product key associated with it, which should be located on the packaging somewhere.
If so, when you are prompted for an email address, you should see a link just below that (I think) that says something like, enter a product key instead.

Reaction score
I regret that I have to stop this tread since my friend did install an older version of MS Office and gave up the new version.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
OK, and thanks for the update.
Whatever works I guess.
Appreciate the follow-up.

Ask a Question