Microsoft Communications

Reaction score
I am wondering how to change the email address for all mandatory Microsoft Communications. They are associated with a second email address in my Microsoft account, which is no longer valid. If I delete the obsolete email address, I am told that I will no longer receive the Communications. I cannot switch them to the valid email address. Computercat99

Reaction score
A question arises, if you have an invalid E-Mail address [means you no longer have access to the E-Mail account or messages sent to it] how are you receiving the communications from Microsoft?

Reaction score
A question arises, if you have an invalid E-Mail address [means you no longer have access to the E-Mail account or messages sent to it] how are you receiving the communications from Microsoft?
Hi Bighorn, I won't get the communications. I am changing my ISB (due to the NBN) for many years and I transferred most of my emails to gmail. However, Microsoft has entered both email addresses under my Microsoft Account and my communictions are listed under the old email address to which I no longer will have access. I would subscribe under the new address (and just forget about the old one), but so far I have not found out how to do it. Thanks for your reply. When I try to delete the old address, I get message that I will loose my communications.

Reaction score
Unfortunately Microsoft likes to give dire warnings to users and it may not be bad to delete the unused one but having a second address should allow the deletion. Or leave Microsoft alone and just get rid of the ISP subscription as planned. It shouldn't affect the second address with Microsoft as long as it remains valid. The downside of changing from an original setup is how it will affect things like the Store and how you log onto the computer, some use only the Microsoft Account and some use a generic Local Account, I do both. It may be prudent to create the new Microsoft Account first, log in and run it a couple of days then delete the old then unsubscribe with the ISP.

If you get E-Mails from the ISP you are leaving and don't want to lose them most ISPs may have an inexpensive E-Mail only feature to allow continuing to get them using Online/Webmail with the browser. In my area the ISPs charge $5.00 monthly for it.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the second email address in my Microsoft account will not remain valid. We are forced to join the NBN and I am going on HFC (Hybrid Fiber Cable). My old ISP was via ADSL. I have talked to them and once I am connected to the new setup, I will no longer get any email from them (even if I offer to pay, at least for a while). Our whole system, phones, payTV and Internet will all be delivered via HFC cable and the ADSL setup will be removed. I can remove the second email address, but all my subscriptions are linked to it in the Microsoft account and I am getting the message, that I will no longer be able to stay subscribed, if I delete the second email address. I have tried to subscribe again, but I cannot find a list of subscriptions and mandatory communications. I cannot understand, why Microsoft make it so difficult to change an email address.

Reaction score
I have 2 Microsoft Accounts using Webmail/Online mail, one since way back is Hotmail.com and the other when the change started is Outlook.com [both now go to https://outlook.live.com/owa/]. I do not use a "local" E-Mail address with them so the ISP I use doesn't figure into it. I have clients who use Gmail, Yahoo Mail or their business E-Mail. Then there's the free E-Mail one can get with the Vivaldi Browser, Thunderbird, IncrediMail, etc., that work with most ISPs. Just some other choices that work on any computer connected to the 'net through most any ISP, take the E-Mail address and password with you and remember not to save on those computers not yours.

I see the biggest issue is in changing your address and not getting any further messages from anyone/anywhere and Microsoft also wants a current address to associate with your Microsoft Account. Might check some of the pages about that found here:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have changed the email address alright and the new one is now my primary email address, however, a list of communications is still attached to the old email address and I cannot shift it to the new one.

Ask a Question