Microsoft EDGE browser

Reaction score
My PC came with Windows 10 pre-installed. Microsoft EDGE would run very slowly, the screen would periodically freeze up and EDGE would stop responding. I switched to Google Chrome and don't have those problems anymore. I would like to use EDGE because I like some of its features, but can't deal with the slows and failures to respond.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
My PC came with Windows 10 pre-installed. Microsoft EDGE would run very slowly, the screen would periodically freeze up and EDGE would stop responding. I switched to Google Chrome and don't have those problems anymore. I would like to use EDGE because I like some of its features, but can't deal with the slows and failures to respond.
You're not alone. I too would like to use EDGE, but honestly have not found it to be acceptable as an alternative.
I thought Microsoft was going to get it right this time with a clean, crisp, small and fast browser but that has not proven to be the case. At least not yet anyway.
All you have to do is Google "Browser Stats" and even with the current install base for Windows 10, "Edge" is barely a blip on the screen in its' usage globally.
http://gs.statcounter.com/

We see a fair amount of posts here on this forum regarding "Edge" and maybe not surprisingly..... most are addressed by choosing an alternate browser, even if it's only IE.
I will say that it works exceptionally well on my Windows 10 phone.
With the next new update, right around the corner in April, maybe we'll see some improvements generally and perhaps even specifically with "Edge".

T_J

Reaction score
I use EDGE on my 2012 Dell W10 i3 desktop. Currently writing this post with EDGE, Tweeting with EDGE, and watching Sling TV (CNN). I don't see any slow anything.

Reaction score
I use the latest version of Opera and love it. Just another alternative browser suggestion for the OP.

Ask a Question