Microsoft Edge - lack of Title or other identification

Reaction score
Edge is certainly not my preferred browser - I have other thoughts about the program but I'll try to avoid insults. But, is Microsoft so embarrassed with this piece of gar... that it won't append it's name or identification thereon. Sometimes I wish to use it - mainly for Microsoft related issues - I'd certainly like to know my fingers hit the right icon!!!

Can't MS at least display some icon on the screen to take credit for their work. Eventually, I do come come to realize it's Edge - when I see a screen full of worthless information...then it's got to be coming from Microsoft.

Regedit32

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I follow your comment at all.

razvitie-brauzerov-ot-microsoft.jpg

They have also developed a new version of Microsoft Edge's logo

users-design-new-microsoft-edge-browser-icon-486095-3.jpg

The Microsoft Edge logo is quite clear on your Taskbar, also if you typed Internet Explorer into your search box you'd see clearly its Logo is quite different to Edge's logo.

By the way this Forum Community is designed to help people with genuine issues using their new Windows 10 OS. We are not here to entertain endless negative posts or insults (the latter being totally NOT tolerated at all).

The whole point of this forum is for people to share their experiences to help resolve issues that will pop up from time to time. We're not here to Judge Microsoft or any other Software developer per se, but rather to learn to use the Software created within the current status.

If you personally do not like Microsoft Edge or Windows 10, then simply revert back to a Browser or an OS you do like.

Regards,

Regedit32

Last edited:
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, DCWool.

Regedit makes some valid comment. I think you might first try a little customisation of Edge, before coming down to hard on it.
But free discussion does, indeed, help other members to assess the OS and the views of other users. But inflammatory remarks only result in similar response in forums.
There is another thread:
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/chrome-drops-support-for-xp.8550/#post-38324
Where your comments would possibly get more attention

You could find this page informative, also:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2952...e-microsoft-edge-windows-10s-new-browser.html

Reaction score

When the program is opened - the icon DOES NOT APPEAR ON THE SCREEN!! That's my complaint! Edge and Chrome are both so dam similar in appearance (and bland) that I don't know which I'm in (except for Chrome's icon). It's only when I see all the junk items that I realize I hit the wrong Icon on Start!

The Microsoft Edge logo is quite clear on your Taskbar, also if you typed Internet Explorer into your search box you'd see clearly its Logo is quite different to Edge's logo.

By the way this Forum Community is designed to help people with genuine issues using their new Windows 10 OS. We are not here to entertain endless negative posts or insults (the latter being totally NOT tolerated at all).

The whole point of this forum is for people to share their experiences to help resolve issues that will pop up from time to time. We're not here to Judge Microsoft or any other Software developer per se, but rather to learn to use the Software created within the current status.

If you personally do not like Microsoft Edge or Windows 10, then simply revert back to a Browser or an OS you do like.

Regards,

Regedit32

Regards,

Regedit32

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi DCWool,

When you open Edge you need to click on the Edge icon in taskbar.

Likewise with Chrome except Chrome's icon is a circle made of three segments of red, yellow and greed with a blue core.

The two icons are very different so again I really fail to see your complaint is valid,

If its truly that frustrating to you I'll play around with a Registry tweak to insert a Microsoft Edge into your open Browser session if you'd like.

Just let me know.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi DCWool,

When you open Edge you need to click on the Edge icon in taskbar.

Likewise with Chrome except Chrome's icon is a circle made of three segments of red, yellow and greed with a blue core.

The two icons are very different so again I really fail to see your complaint is valid,

If its truly that frustrating to you I'll play around with a Registry tweak to insert a Microsoft Edge into your open Browser session if you'd like.

Just let me know.

Regards,

Regedit32

Dangit anyway!! You're too dense - I'm talking about when EDGE is open - I often have Firefox (default) and Chrome open at the same time. Sometimes a site will not work for a login in one of the browsers and I must switch to the other. Yesterday I had to use Edge also - I couldn't tell whether I was in Chrome or Edge because Edge doesn't show it's icon on screen. That's my complaint!

Reaction score
I have Google.ca as my home page in Edge. I do notice when I start Edge that the Google logo appears at the top left...in fact the top left of the tab of that first site.

I have not found anything particularly bad about Edge. I don't care about the lack of extensions although I would like it to show the IP address somewhere.

I often have Chrome and Edge open together and have no trouble telling them apart.

Reaction score
Easy there, DC. It's good to have you onboard, but this is a friendly forum. Calm it down a little. You're talking to unpaid volunteers who have helped a lot of people.

Edge does take some getting used to. Most new 10 users had upgraded and preferred their old browsers (all of the major browsers work well on 10), but last month it became the fastest-growing browser in the world--it just takes some getting used to.

I finally switched from Firefox (which I loved) because I got Edge figured out. Once you get used to Edge, I think you'll find it a pleasant browser to work with.

Reaction score
I guess I am in the dense category also.
What regedit is saying is that, after installing Windows 10, Edge is, by default, an icon on your taskbar, without further action from the user. Any other browsers which you use can similarly be pinned to the taskbar.
My picture shows what I mean. At present I am using Edge.
I am not sure what you mean by "appearing on the screen". Do you mean on the full desktop, or on the taskbar?
I don't know of any browser, where an icon will appear on the desktop.?

Taskbar.png

Regedit32

Reaction score
You're talking to unpaid volunteers who have helped a lot of people.

Unpaid? Ian promised me $1000 a month so long as all my suggestions were correct, plus a $500 bonus so long as Dave did not think of a simpler way to do what I spent 10 minutes typing in step by step

:rolleyes:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ *yawn* Or was that just a fanciful dream?!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I couldn't tell whether I was in Chrome or Edge because Edge doesn't show it's icon on screen. That's my complaint!
The appearance of the icons on the taskbar should indicate to you.....
Which browser(s) is or are open and which one is active.
If you are not sure how to interpret that information, then.....
I'm not sure that, that is Edge's or any other browsers fault.

Reaction score
Hi. I wonder if the problem is that the Edge icon will not appear on the taskbar unless it is an open window.
I've had that problem for several months and not been able to fix it.

Ask a Question