Microsoft Edge Printing problem with pdf

Reaction score
When trying to print a pdf, it automatically defaults to Microsft edge and brings up the printer box. I try to click on the 3 dots and press print however nothing prints. checked internet and many are having this problem. how do I fix this

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Do you have any problems, printing from other applications?
Can you open Notepad or Wordpad and print successfully to your installed printer?
Have you considered installing a third party PDF solution, something like FoxIt Reader or Adobe Acrobat Reader and setting one of those as your default PDF handler?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I had the same problem several months ago and I couldn't see why it refused to print (it also only provides limited printer settings). It was only a problem for PDFs in Edge. I normally use Foxit Reader (as suggested by Trouble above) and that works just fine.

Just out of curiosity, do you have a Dell printer? I'm using a Dell MFP C1765nfw.

Reaction score
Can you open Notepad or Wordpad and print successfully to your installed printer?
Have you considered installing a third party PDF solution, something like FoxIt Reader or Adobe Acrobat Reader and setting one of those as your default PDF handler?
I am trying the adobe option we will give it a whirl and I will write back
Thank you for the suggestion

Reaction score

Thanks you for your answer to Trouble. I was having problems with Edge holding printing preferences when doing a large printing job where each job had to be doublesided and holepunched and with being able to make notes on my PDF's. I switched back to Adobe Acrobat and now have all my settings back, Hallelujah!

Ask a Question