Microsoft Edge Seems Virtually Useless

Reaction score
Almost every time I launch Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Preview Build 14291_release.16314-2234, the latest available on my system, I am confronted with what appears to be a black blank screen. Sometimes, it may appear normal but if I click a button,for instance to sign in to a page, it goes black. Any ideas?

Michael

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
Are you on the insider build as it works ok in 1511, 10586.164

Reaction score
Michael, I am unimpressed with Edge, and Firefox works well on my three laptops and one desktop (all have Windows 10) Do you have another browser on your machine? If not, you could get the installation files for another browser on a thumb drive, using a borrowed computer.

Reaction score
Michael, I am unimpressed with Edge, and Firefox works well on my three laptops and one desktop (all have Windows 10) Do you have another browser on your machine? If not, you could get the installation files for another browser on a thumb drive, using a borrowed computer.

By default I am using Internet explorer 11 and it seems to work well for me. I also use Google Chrome from time to time and that works well also but is slower, I am using Windows 10 Pro Preview Build 14291_release.16314-2234, the latest to become available on my desktop even though I am on the Fast Track for updates. I had used Edge a few times on earlier builds but find it useless now.

Michael

Ask a Question