Microsoft Edge

Reaction score
How can I remove Edge as my preferred internet surfing device & revert to Internet Explorer? I don't need that low octane thing on my laptop.

Reaction score
Go to Start>Settings>System>Default apps>Web browser and click on Edge. The other options that are installed should show themselves, and choose IE. Alternatively click Start and type default app settings to get to the same place.
Or you can install any other browser.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
As yodap is suggesting, go here
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Default Programs

IE DefaultPrograms1.JPG

Reaction score
Thanks, folks. It's beyond to starting to p*** me off that Windows updates screw up my settings - desktop, laptop & phone.

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
How can I remove Edge as my preferred internet surfing device & revert to Internet Explorer? I don't need that low octane thing on my laptop.
Have you tried it since this new upgrade it is now faster as does the same job as all the other Browsers now it has extentions

Reaction score
Really not interested. It's not familiar & it demands I use Cortana. Gates is looking more & more like Jobs every iteration, ie catch you, keep you, screw you.

Ask a Question