Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX

Reaction score
My FSX programme has been completely corrupted during the change from Windows 7 to 10. I now cannot use it. The conversion has been a complete disaster! As a Microsoft product very widely used, I would have expected Microsoft to made sure that this programme would be converted.

Reaction score
I uninstalled and reinstalled FSX yesterday and had a great flight. Today everything loads but when it comes time to fly, the screen goes blank. Still have sound. Very disappointed if Windows 10 robs me of my simulator.
TGRogan

Reaction score
I uninstalled and reinstalled FSX yesterday and had a great flight. Today everything loads but when it comes time to fly, the screen goes blank. Still have sound. Very disappointed if Windows 10 robs me of my simulator.
TGRogan
It is nice to see I am not alone. I can fly the default airplane (Bravo) I set up with Windows 7, but cannot refuel or change the flight plan. If I try to load another airplane or flight plan, screen goes blank.

Reaction score
I switched from Windows 8.1. FSX survived the switch, but became increasingly glitchy, devices not working (Saitek Pro Trim wheel causes a complete system crash, forcing a power shut down), then CTDs in mid flight. Finally, I could get the game to load, but it would CTD upon hitting the fly button. I did a complete uninstall of all of my add-on's, tried repairing FSX, but that only made it worse (wouldn't load at all), then completely uninstalled and reinstalled FSX. It worked for 2 flights, then developed the exact same crash upon hitting fly behavior. I do hope this gets sorted out.

Reaction score
I switched from Windows 8.1. FSX survived the switch, but became increasingly glitchy, devices not working (Saitek Pro Trim wheel causes a complete system crash, forcing a power shut down), then CTDs in mid flight. Finally, I could get the game to load, but it would CTD upon hitting the fly button. I did a complete uninstall of all of my add-on's, tried repairing FSX, but that only made it worse (wouldn't load at all), then completely uninstalled and reinstalled FSX. It worked for 2 flights, then developed the exact same crash upon hitting fly behavior. I do hope this gets sorted out.
To add on to this: I have discovered that each time I put in an add-on (so far, UTX, GEX, Active Sky Next, and a couple of planes from Carenado) if I run the FSX repair from the original disks, it works again (until I add the next one). I plan to stick with what I have so far and see if it will become corrupt just from using the program. At some point I may try to return to Windows 7, which was pretty hassle free. I'm pretty sure DX 12 is the culprit.

Reaction score
I have lost my FSX completely since installing Win 10, I couldn't get it to run at all, eventually uninstalled and tried to reinstall and failed time after time. I gave up and reverted to Win 7 and could not reinstall, just keep getting error messages. I cannot understand Microsoft for not making sure that a hugely popular Microsoft product was stable on Win 10, I expect that like me many people have spent a small fortune on add ons for this programme. I hope someone comes up with a solution soon.

JCM

Reaction score
I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 (FSX worked great in 8.1) now FSX didn't work again. I saw that Steam offered an updated version of FSX for Steam. 8 hour download and it doesn't work either. Can't find scenery files. I did remove the original FSX first.
Now I am trying to communicate with steam.

Ask a Question