Microsoft Mobile 4000 Transceiver

Reaction score
I'm sure this forum is not the right place for this post, but I have always found help here. Maybe the moderator (or Trouble, thanks for the help before) can suggest an appropriate avenue for assistance. I lost the usb transceiver for a nearly new Microsoft Mobile 4000 mouse on a trip and apparently Microsoft does not sell just that component. They rather prefer to sale a whole new "set". Hate throwing a completely good piece of equipment away for a very small component. I have looked online for any one that has a transceiver for the 4000 and a broken mouse and would sell it to me. Is there such a thing as a "flea market" for components in this cyberspace? Looking for any information/advice before I throw the mouse out. Thanks, DonC.

Reaction score
I think keyboards, wireless mouse come paired from the manufacturer. It's like the remote key fob for your car, they too are paired to the vehicle. It may be best to bite the bullet and purchase another wireless mouse, they are not that expensive. BTW Don't throw away the old mouse, the transceiver will show up when you purchase a replacement. They always do.

Reaction score
I bought the mouse for my laptop so no keyboard came into the picture. It is not the money part of wanting to not throw away a good piece of equipment. Already have a replacement. Had to for the trip business. And I believe you are spot on about throwing it away and bingo, somewhere, somehow, that little thing will magically appear out of nowhere. Had to give it the good old college try. Thanks again for the response. DonC

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It's basically a 2.4Ghz wireless (RF) mouse.
Do you know anyone who owns a wireless mouse that you might test to see if their transceiver works on yours.
I don't think that they are particularly unique.

Reaction score
Matter a fact, I have a 2.4Ghz transceiver buried away in the old "parts" box in the closet. Tried it and no such luck for me. Just wanted to have a spare available or for my son's or grandson's use. Ah life......
By nature, I'll stick it in the box for the time being.
Thanks, DonC

Reaction score
Just noticed, the response is from Trouble. Again, thanks. As you may see from my avitar, I served my time in heaven and hell in the "old"days and I thank you not for me, but all those, before and after, that went down that road, including my only son that return from his "service". Again, thanks for your time and your gratitude. DonC

Reaction score
I'm sure this forum is not the right place for this post, but I have always found help here. Maybe the moderator (or Trouble, thanks for the help before) can suggest an appropriate avenue for assistance. I lost the usb transceiver for a nearly new Microsoft Mobile 4000 mouse on a trip and apparently Microsoft does not sell just that component. They rather prefer to sale a whole new "set". Hate throwing a completely good piece of equipment away for a very small component. I have looked online for any one that has a transceiver for the 4000 and a broken mouse and would sell it to me. Is there such a thing as a "flea market" for components in this cyberspace? Looking for any information/advice before I throw the mouse out. Thanks, DonC.

Have you tried eBay to see if anyone has lost their mouse so are selling their transceiver?

Reaction score
Bastet,
That's the only avenue I thought of also. I've tried ebay over the last five to six months on various days and no luck finding one. Lots of sets, but no joy on the transceiver alone. Will put it back in the 'spare parts' box along with old CD drives and old, slow (I can relate to that) video cards and one gig sticks, etc. I still have time and will try the same shot in the dark approach. Done that many times and actually got a few hits, somewhat like that "old blind hog rootin' for acorns". Thanks for the thought and the idea.
Peace be with you,
DonC

Reaction score
EBay used to have a wish list where you could post stating what a user was looking for but I don't think they have that feature any more.
Only other option would be Amazon.
Good luck with finding the transceiver.

Reaction score
Even if you get a receiver, it does not mean it will work cause those units are usually paired and cannot be changed unless it is a Logitech unify receiver. That one can be paired to any unify capable device.
There is an idea: I have not tried it yet but if you could get a unify receiver (and software) maybe that will work.

Ask a Question