Microsoft Money Plus

Reaction score
I have still been using Microsoft Money Plus and just upgraded to Windows 10 and boom! Money claims it needs Explorer 6 to run. It still worked with the last version of IE for Windows 7 what ever that was. Is there a work around or am I dead in the water? Thanks.
You need to change the Version registry value to 9.11.10240.0

Reaction score
Hi

I found that changing it in the two locations below fixed it for me:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

It was only when I changed the second as well that it started to work. I changed both the Version and W2kVersion keys to 9.11.10240.0

Hopefully this won't break anything else :)

Reaction score
Can you explain the exact procedure please for someone not used to this level of technical detail? I tried putting these locations into the command promt, and it said location not found. And if I get there will it be obvious what I need to change? Thanks.

Reaction score
I managed to find these locations and made the changes, but I'm still getting the message that Money needs IE6 to work. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Sorry - I had missed to second location in your suggestions. So in total there are 4 registry entries to change. I've now done them all, and it works. Many thanks for the help.

Reaction score
I have done the registry edit and it also now works, however, when I download a file to import in it keeps crashing and closing the program, any ideas how to fix this?

Reaction score
I have done the registry edit and it also now works, however, when I download a file to import in it keeps crashing and closing the program, any ideas how to fix this?
I'm very far from being an expert, but I found I needed to to open Money in "as administrator" mode - right click on the programme icon in the start menu and select "open as administrator". I was then able to open back up copies of money to continue woring with them. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
i too have got stuck with Money Plus. I am afraid i don't understand what or how I change the version Registry Key (not sure what that is) as suggested. basic help needed please.

Reaction score
Hi

It was only when I changed the second as well that it started to work. I changed both the Version and W2kVersion keys to 9.11.10240.0

Run "regedit" to open the registry, navigate to both the above locations, and then change the version number values for both Version and W2kVersion.

Reaction score
I'm very far from being an expert, but I found I needed to to open Money in "as administrator" mode - right click on the programme icon in the start menu and select "open as administrator". I was then able to open back up copies of money to continue woring with them. Hope this helps.
Sorry, no luck with this. Still closes the program down

Reaction score
i too have got stuck with Money Plus. I am afraid i don't understand what or how I change the version Registry Key (not sure what that is) as suggested. basic help needed please.
Right click on the windows start icon, then you can run program regedit. Navigate the path described earlier then right click on the version and select modify.

Reaction score
Hi

Hi,
I'm a real novice and want to be sure I'm in the right place to make these changes
see the screen shot below - - do I make the change in the IE data?

upload_2015-8-2_11-28-42.png

Reaction score
I think I've found the 2nd place to make the change. Could someone please confirm I'm in the right place?
I really really need my money files and sure don't want to have to restore to windows 8.1. Had to do that Friday when my Cisco VNP software hung up my internet connection.

upload_2015-8-2_11-39-4.png

Reaction score
THANK YOU!!!!!! I found the correct places to make these changes and I'm now good to go!
This Senior Citizen appreciates the help - I know enough to be very dangerous!!!!!

Ask a Question