Microsoft Office 2013

Reaction score
Hi Gang

Another problem here with this Win 10.

I have used this version of Office 2013 for a long time and have not had any problems installing it when changing computers, MOBO's cloning drives, etc. But I am having a fit trying to get it to work with this Win 10. It will load up and look right but I can never get it to send and receive e-mails. I have it set up right I get those 2 little green check marks at accepting my password and address and pop and smtp. It just will never finish getting my e-mails it seems. Nothing shows up in my inbox, sent drafts, etc.

The errors I get are like these ox80042112 and ox800cccof.

Thanx.....Gunny

Reaction score
Suggestion :
Go to your Programs and Features > right click at MS Office 2013 > select Change > select Repair.

Reaction score
Hi David

Thanx I have done this several times with no change.

Thanx....Gunny

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
this version of Office 2013
You have the entire Office Suite installed and you are only having trouble with sending and receiving emails in the "Outlook" mail client portion of the Office Suite?
The rest of the applications within the suite work as expected?

Reaction score
I know you have done this many times, but, double check anyway.....
your POP and smtp port # , SSL enabled or not, "authentication required" etc.

Reaction score
Hi Trouble and David

Ya Trouble it seems to be just the mail seems to be the trouble I have opened Word and Excel and they look alright.

David.. Ya I have double and triple checked those because I know they can be the cause of this. I am very experienced with these settings, and when I do the check it gives me the 2 little green check marks saying the info I put in was accepted. But every time I open the outlook mail it gives me it is trying to send and receive and does that for a bit then the error comes up. This time the error was ox800ccc0b. Should I keep doing the repair thing thinking it might just eventually hit the right thing.

Thanx....Gunny

Reaction score
Hi ... My Gmail installed and is working great, no problem there. I know they are 2 diff kinds of mail so the way Outlook is set up with the SMTP and POP is diff.

Thanx....Gunny

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
the way Outlook is set up with the SMTP and POP is diff.
Yep and as david has already set those port numbers and encryption settings are generally pretty unique to each mail provider, what works for a pop account for Comcast, may not work for a pop account for another provider.

Remind me again what you have installed for a third party security client?
Those errors look to be related to an over zealous firewall or AV / malware setting.

Reaction score
Hi Trouble

Al I have set up is the normal Firewall that comes with Win 10 and a freebie Malwarebytes. I have not tried shutting off these items yet to see if that makes any diff.

Thanx....Gunny

Reaction score
Hi Gang

Another problem here with this Win 10.

I have used this version of Office 2013 for a long time and have not had any problems installing it when changing computers, MOBO's cloning drives, etc. But I am having a fit trying to get it to work with this Win 10. It will load up and look right but I can never get it to send and receive e-mails. I have it set up right I get those 2 little green check marks at accepting my password and address and pop and smtp. It just will never finish getting my e-mails it seems. Nothing shows up in my inbox, sent drafts, etc.

The errors I get are like these ox80042112 and ox800cccof.

Thanx.....Gunny

Suggestion only ..............

I don't use MS Outlook anymore. So what I am trying to say is mainly by memory.

Go to your Program Files > Microsoft Office > look for Office 14 or 15 > right click at the folder > Properties > Security ......
Check if Users have full permissions . If not, click Edit and give full permissions > Apply/OK

Will that help ?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That is a good thought.
I would include, investigating the security (permissions) associated with your .pst file that outlook is using.
The security tab when you right click it or the parent container and choose properties.

Reaction score
Hi

What is that Office 14/15. ? I thought it was 2013. ?

Thanx......Gunny

Here is what I wrote in my last reply........................
Go to your Program Files > Microsoft Office > look for Office 14 or 15 > right click at the folder > Properties > Security ......
Check if Users have full permissions . If not, click Edit and give full permissions > Apply/OK
......................................................................................................................................................................................

I was asking you to go to C : drive, open it > open Programs Files folder > open Microsoft Office folder > look for a folder labelled either Office 14, or Office 15 > right click at it > click Properties > click Security tab at the top> and check if the Users have full permission. If not, click the Edit button and give full permission to Users.

I am sorry. This is one of the instructions that is very hard for me to explain in writings.

Permissions.jpg

Reaction score
Hi David

Ya I did that ok there was no 14 just a 15 version. I did as you said. And leave the full control and Modify alone.

Thanx...Gunny

Reaction score
And leave the full control and Modify alone.

No. You misunderstood me.
Do NOT "leave the full control and Modify alone".
You wanted you to give Users FULL permissions............
click at Users under "Group or user names"
click the Edit button,
check the boxes, make sure all boxes are checked.
click Add
type Users under the box "Enter the object names to select"
click "Check Names" button at the right
click OK
click OK again.

Full permissions.jpg

Now check your Outlook 2013.

Reaction score
Hi David

I did that no change. I keep reading about these PST files,

Thanx......Gunny

Reaction score
Hi Gang

The 2 error codes that keep coming up are 0x800ccc0f and 0x800ccc0b and they say I am missing some or corrupted some PST files. And they are saying I need a program to install the correct ones. And of course they want to charge me for the program. Is there another way, I am not against paying for the repair but if there is another way I can do that too.

Thanx...Gunny

Reaction score
Hi David

I agree.....On I will do this but I have done this before and ended with the same results. Maybe 2 times is the charm.

Thanx....Gunny

Ask a Question