Microsoft Solitaire Collection

Reaction score
Dear Microsoft Community:
I'm new to computers and I really just use my PC for playing games. Lost my solitaire collection. Like other users, it just loads and loads and goes nowhere. Well, I looked up Microsoft Solitaire Collection through Google and found this site. Silly me. I thought there would be answers to a user's questions on this site. Okay guys. We DO NOT have to make this complicated. If someone asks a question it is only the polite thing to do to ANSWER IT! HOW DO I GET THIS COLLECTION BACK AND WORKING?????

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Ann. My answer is: Don't bother. Go to the Windows Store and there are literally dozens of Solitaire games available for free.

If you're careful not to install malware, there are also dozens of good free Solitaire games available on the web.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
You might try this.
Remove it completely.
Click the Start Button and type
powershell
it should appear at the top of the list
right click it and choose run as administrator.
In the power shell window type
Code:
Get-AppxPackage *solitairecollection* | Remove-AppxPackage
hit enter
reboot your computer.
Launch the Store App and do a search for
solitaire
it should be one of the first things that show up "Microsoft Solitaire Collection"
Re-install it.

Reaction score
You might try this.
Remove it completely.
powershell
Code:
hit enter
reboot your computer.
solitaire
it should be one of the first things that show up "Microsoft Solitaire Collection"
Re-install it.

Reaction score
Thank you to both of you, "Trouble" and Mark. I'll try your suggestion, Mr. Trouble. If that doesn't work I'll try Mark's suggestion. Thanks for taking out the time to help. I really do appreciate the prompt responses. Have a great day, gentlemen!

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Ann,

The first thing to try is to see whether there is an update for your Solitaire Collection.

To do this do the following:
  • Click Start
  • Click on Store to open Store App
    • If you do not see it, click All Apps | scroll down to Store
  • When Store opens click on your Account icon on the top right (just to left of the search box.
    • For me that icon is a small grey circle with stick figure. This may be an image you chose too
  • Having clicked on Account icon | select Downloads and updates
  • Now click Check for updates button

Are there any updates there? In particular an update for your MS Solitaire Collection?

Download if there is.

Report back if following these steps resolves issue or if you still need assistance.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
I am having the same problem when I try to start Solitarie it gives me a blue screen then stops It was fine 2 days ago. Regedit32 I have tried going to store for updates but there are none HELP please as have been playing this before and love it

Reaction score
Try to reinstall:

Right click the start orb and selct Command Prompt (Admin)

Copy and paste this:

Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_3.9.4260.0_n\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode

Reaction score
You might try this.
Remove it completely.
powershell
Code:
hit enter
reboot your computer.
solitaire
Re-install it.

Thanks TROUBLE (Noop Wispere) for your clear instructions.
I followed them up and copy/paste your code instruction.
Reinstalled the Collection and bingo, I can play again.
This is very much appreciated
Cheers from Wilbert.

Reaction score
I too have had the problem with Microsoft Solitaire, I have tried every suggestion given here. Finally went down the restore point route to find that it opened on my account but not my wifes' on the same PC. Now back to square one, it doesn't work on my account either. Frustrating or what?? Help please, or is it Microsoft doing something sinister?

Reaction score
Try to reinstall:

Right click the start orb and selct Command Prompt (Admin)

Copy and paste this:

Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_3.9.4260.0_n\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode

It worked here but take notice that the complete path of the package could be different depending on the Windows build you have. Mine is "C:\Program Files\Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_3.11.7081.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe"

Last edited:
Reaction score
www.winaero.com
That site has a lot of things and the older Win7/Win8/Win8.1 Games are available and do run on Win10. The main issue seen is that a newer Win10 Version Upgrade and some Build updates will automatically remove them but it doesn't take long to reinstall if one Saves the download to reinstall as needed.

Ask a Question