Microsoft Solitare Collection won't download just shows working script

Reaction score
I have tried to load Microsoft Solitare collection 5 times but after clicking the install button, I just get the working script and then after 30 minutes, it closes down. Has anyone else had the same thing happen?

Reaction score
I have tried to load Microsoft Solitare collection 5 times but after clicking the install button, I just get the working script and then after 30 minutes, it closes down. Has anyone else had the same thing happen?
Try this, it is a direct download link to Win 7 and 8.1 games that will play on Win 10. I used it and it is fantastic.

Download Windows 7 games for Windows 10

Reaction score
The MS Solitaire Collection, is no problem for me. I use it as a time waster daily.

Reaction score
I am sure you know this Dave but Solitaire was released by MS originally to help users learn to use a mouse.:)

Reaction score
I didn't know! WTH! Have you a link to that?
Cant really pin it down, but I don't think I even had a mouse in 1989??

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Nope probably no mouse in 1989 but then Solitare wasn't introduced until 3.0 1990.
The intention was that Solitaire would get a generation of computer users still most familiar with a command-line input to teach themselves how to drag and drop, without realizing that's what they were doing. The fact that we're still dragging and dropping today suggests that it worked rather well.
SOURCE: http://mentalfloss.com/uk/technolog...-of-solitaire-minesweeper-hearts-and-freecell
Not official but there are quite a few article around the web suggesting the same.

Reaction score
I recognised that version from your link. Still didn't ring any bells. Maybe I wasn't able to play it then - without a mouse -lol

Ask a Question