Microsoft Sued Over Windows 10 Update

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It had to happen sooner or later.
“I had never heard of Windows 10,” Goldstein said. “Nobody ever asked me if I wanted to update.”
When outreach to Microsoft’s customer support didn’t fix the issue, Goldstein took the software giant to court, seeking compensation for lost wages and the cost of a new computer.
She won. Last month, Microsoft dropped an appeal and Goldstein collected a $10,000 judgment from the company.
SOURCE: http://www.seattletimes.com/busines...raws-flak-for-pushing-windows-10-on-pc-users/

Regedit32

Reaction score
Those Texas folk wanting a TExit to simulate UK's BRExit might sue Microsoft next to fund their campaign :rolleyes:

Reaction score
I mentioned the probability in an earlier post.

{US Class Action Layers seem to be more successful at launching Class Action Law Suits than their northern partners in the profession. I can see the headlines in the LA Times and TV Adds.
"If you are a user of Microsoft 10, your privacy may be jeopardized by Microsoft and its advertisers.
Call 1-714-xxx-xxxxx}

It had to happen sooner than later. What will the class action lawsuit be called.
My guess is "Windexit" LOL

Thanks for the update.

Last edited:

Bif

Reaction score
Daddy needs a new set of golf clubs!...

Last edited:
Reaction score
She got a new Windows 10 PC out of it. LOL
But seriously, she owned a business and if she had no back up or image to revert to (not unusual) she may have lost all of her business contacts, customers info, hotel/flight bookings and reservations...Microsoft should have ensured that users would loose no data whatsoever in the upgrade process, You have to admit that MS have been pushy the past few months. I think this court ruling is just the tip of the iceberg for MS. There recent actions are no better than VW who attempted to decieve MOT Emission testing standards. VW's high standards of fine engineering has been tarnished and has had a huge impact on their reputation. MS a world leader is on the same path.

Reaction score
I get annoyed every time I get the message on my desktop while I'm with win 8 but decided to try win 10, it's looks good for now, I like the lay out and color option.

Ask a Question