Microsoft Updates Several Windows 10 Apps

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
If you're already on Windows 10, you’d better fire up the store and look for app updates because Microsoft has just launched several of them for those who installed its latest operating system.

Despite the fact that this is getting even more frustrating, there are no release notes available for these new app versions, so although you are strongly recommended to download and install them as soon as possible, nobody can tell for sure what exactly they bring new.

Most likely, they come with bug fixes and performance improvements, which means that some of the bugs that were there before should no longer exist after the update, and this is one of the main reasons you should install the new releases.

As for the apps that have got updated, they are Mail and Calendar, Windows Maps, Microsoft Photos, and Windows Camera. As you can see in the screenshot, Yahoo Mail has also received an update, but this one obviously doesn't belong to Microsoft.

If you can't see these updates just yet, simply launch the store and check manually in the Downloads and updates section by clicking on your avatar picture. The new versions should then show up on your PC and you can either download and install them one by one or all at the same time, which is clearly the better option when there's more than one item.

Follow link to see screenshot

http://www.softpedia.com/blog/microsoft-updates-several-windows-10-apps-495370.shtml

Also my differ as on mine I had Maps, Photo and One Note

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Think I only got the one for Microsoft Camera which was more or less anticlimactic as I don't even have one.

Reaction score
I have tried to avoid Microsoft offerings. I do not use their browsers their mail offerings, Office products, or apps if I can help it. I use their Operating System even though other options are available because Windows 10 is the best thing going. I do not even like their choice of colors (BSOD).

The first thing I did when I installed Windows 10 was to remove every one of the gaudy apps on my start screen.

Then I disabled One Drive and IE. IE can not be removed so I settled for disabling that gaudy monstrosity.

I would remove Groove too if I could. There are some great alternatives.

Sorry if I have offended anyone but I am entitled to my opinion.

Last edited:

Ask a Question