Minimize /maximize

Reaction score
When I minimize my screen its fine BUT when I try to move it ,it immediately maximizes!! so I cant have 2 pages on one screen!!

Reaction score
Open settings - System.
Under the heading #Multitasking", Turn "Off" the item "When I snap more than....etc

You can, if you wish, turn off all three items in that section and see if you are more flexible.

Reaction score
Done that and it still wont minimize the screen when I select minimize!.Do I have to restart my PC after selecting off?

Reaction score
Are you perhaps in tablet mode? Click the notification icon on the right of the taskbar, and click the tablet mode icon (Top left corner)

Reaction score
No not in tablet mode! when I press the minimize/maximize button nothing happens only the icon gets slightly smaller/larger

Reaction score
I have to drag the corner of the screen to minimize but as soon as I let go of the cursor it springs back to full size!

Reaction score
Sorry for the absence. We may be in different time zones. It was evening where I live and I had social obligations and then to bed.

But, frankly, maybe another member has an idea on your problem. I have offered the only two that I am aware of.
The problem should have been the fact that you were in Tablet mode, but you have unchecked that, I understand. You could verify it by opening the settings - System - Tablet mode.
I haven't see this problem reported in Windows 10, but there may be other cases. I assume you are using the public release?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Like davehc, I have not seen, heard or experienced this problem, but......
Does this happen in all your applications, both real Win32 apps, as well as the new Universal Apps?
If you open a couple win32 apps, like wordpad and paint and then right click the task bar and choose "show windows side by side" what happens?

My first suggestion would be to try performing a clean boot
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
To see if the problem persist in that state
OR
Perhaps even safe mode.

Then I would suggest creating a new local user account as a member of the local administrator's group (not standard user) and log on with that account to test to see if the problem is unique to your profile.

Reaction score
How do I do a clean install? I updated through Windows 7 updates But I notice that my SSD in now nearly full! is it still holding Windows 7?.Before I updated it was only half full (240gb).I think it could be a bad install:(

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
But I notice that my SSD in now nearly full! is it still holding Windows 7?.Before I updated it was only half full (240gb).I think it could be a bad install:(
After an upgrade your disk will likely still contain a Windows.OLD folder which is essential for rolling back to your previous OS if that is an option. It can be pretty large and will generally disappear after 30 days, unless you take steps to manually delete it.
Along with that you may also have remnants of the upgrade files in the root of C:\ which can be somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 gigs in size.
How do I do a clean install?
IF your current install is "Activated" you can perform a clean install at any time you choose, simply by booting from the installation media and choosing what to keep or by wiping the drive entirely.
The installation media can be obtain through either of these two resources.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench
OR
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Once you have the ISO, you can use ImgBurn to burn it to a DVD or Rufus to burn it to a USB ThumbDrive, either of which you can use to boot your computer.

Of course you should backup all your critical data as well as perform a disk image in advance of doing anything that drastic.

Ask a Question