Minimize or Maximize MS Edge view screen

Reaction score
I have a 27" monitor and like to have 2 documents on that monitor at the same time, typically MS Edge and another document. Unfortunately, I am unable to Maximize or Minimize my MS Edge screen by clicking on the icon to the left of the "X" at the top right hand corner of the screen. Clicking on that icon, whether it is a single little square or 2 little squares on top of one other does absolutely nothing to the size of the picture on the screen. Whether it is one or the other, I also cannot put my cursor on the edges to try and drag the picture to a larger or smaller size.
What should I do to fix that problem?
PS: this happens only with MS Edge. I have no problem expanding or reducing the size of other documents.

Reaction score
I think you may be in Tablet mode? It has been known to cause your problem.

Reaction score
How do I fix the problem? How cn I figure out if it is in tablet or some other mode?

Reaction score
Try this Click on settings > System > Tablet mode. At the top of the "Tablet mode" page" you will see two drop down boxes for Tablet, Desktop modes. Select as required.

Reaction score
Try this Click on settings > System > Tablet mode. At the top of the "Tablet mode" page" you will see two drop down boxes for Tablet, Desktop modes. Select as required.
I tried Tablet, PC and let the system choose automatically, but this has been to no avail. Is there a repair fix to Windows 10 or to MS Edge that would correct this aggravating problem? Should I uninstall Windows 10 altogether and re-install a clean version?

Reaction score
I regret to say that Winlogo+ arrow up or Winlogo+arrow down did not do anything.
Unfortunately, I also cannot find a solution of this problem with a Google search.

Reaction score
Edge does have some limitations that other browsers have overcome. Edge doesn't have F11 full screen that Fire Fox and Chrome do. Will the min-maximize button work with just the browser open.? Sorry I'm out of suggestions, personally I'm not a fan and don't use Edge.

Reaction score
I am a constant user of edge. I have not experienced the problems listed in this thread.
F11 does not, as said, maximise. The max icon is there for mouse users. Otherwise, the windows key plus the up arrow does it. I think the problems the op is having are a little deeper than the use of Edge.
There is. of course, the option at the start of the settings menu to zoom the browser to your desired size.

Ask a Question