MiniTool Partition Wizard

Reaction score
Just want to share this software to people having problems with partitions.

My problem was......
I wanted to remove the Dual Boot setup ( Win 8.1.1 and Win 10TP ), extend the volume back to C and then install Win 10 TP as the sole OS in the computer.
I was successful in doing that in one computer, but I did something wrong in my 2nd computer.
I right-clicked at the Win 10 partition > clicked Delete Volume, and the partition should show 100 GB unallocated.
But instead, it showed 100 GB free space. Right-clicked at C and the Extend option was grayed out.
Image 2.jpg

I didn't know what to do.
Google around and came upon a suggestion from Brink ( you all know who he is ).He gave a link to free MiniTool Partition Wizard and that did the trick.
I managed to put the 100 GB back to C.
Intalling Win 10 TP over Win 8.1.1 Pro was also successful.

Those who are interested in the free software, here is the link I used.....
http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

w10

Reaction score
Hi davidhk129,

The description of your issue is honest and thorough. Your reference to Brink is spot on! I believe he is the most knowledgeable Microsoft MVP on the planet when it comes to Windows Consumer Issues and the tool you have recommended is an excellent choice as well.

Reaction score
I am a loyal and long life meber on that forum. He has created an issue. There is little purpose in trying to create tutorials for anything - he has already done it! Only issue now, which I have open talked to him about, is that it is now so large that it becomes difficult to navigate his index. I have found (for which I got flack from that site - (vrey common) is that I suggested it was easier to google for a solution to a probelm. This, in 90% of the instances.takes you back to Ross anyway!

What a lot of time that fantastic guy has on his hands.

w10

Reaction score
I am a loyal and long life meber on that forum. He has created an issue. There is little purpose in trying to create tutorials for anything - he has already done it! Only issue now, which I have open talked to him about, is that it is now so large that it becomes difficult to navigate his index. I have found (for which I got flack from that site - (vrey common) is that I suggested it was easier to google for a solution to a probelm. This, in 90% of the instances.takes you back to Ross anyway!

What a lot of time that fantastic guy has on his hands.

Hi davehc,

I am also a member in good standing at eightforums.com. I was also the 5th member to obtain a Guru status over there. I agree the index is too large to navigate. I agree that if you google an issue, you'll probably find Brink's tutorial anyway. As far as having a lot of time on his hands, I doubt that seriously. He is paid to do that job and he does it well IMHO.

Reaction score
excuse my terrible spelling mistakes in my last. Written in haste. i came back to edit but was too late.

Ask a Question