Miracast not supported

Reaction score
Several things.

To do Miracast both your video and your WiFi have to support it.

Run DXdiag and when it displays page one click on the Save all Information button. Save as a .TXT file. Open with notepad.
On the first page it will say if Miracast is supported. If it says no then you are out of luck.

BUT if your Wifi device is a card or a dongle you might be lucky.

My main pc supports being casted TO but cannot cast. My Nvidia video card claims in the documentation that it can cast so maybe if I had a different WiFi dongle...

My laptop which has internal intel video and intel wifi can cast.

Note that if your pc CAN cast you can cast to a Roku device

FWIW I just use a 12 foot HDMI cable between the laptop and my AVR.

Reaction score
I will go further. IT appears that Laptops after about 2016 with an internal M2 type WiFi card will usually do Miracast. I cannot find a single WiFi USB dongle that can. Wifi cards for a desktop. I can't find one that actually says in the specification that it can but if your desk top has an unused M2 slot then Intel makes a couple of WiFi cards that work. There is a long thread on a Microsoft site that is totally unhelpful. There is a Miracast website that has a list of products that work...problem is the latest device seems to be 2014 and I can't find any of them at my local computer place's website.

Reaction score
A last thought...re WiFi dongles. I bet that the whole process requires WiFi to be on a fast bus , as fast as the Video card. That would instantly explain why there are no WiFi dongles that support Miracast.

Ask a Question